Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm a Baroness but my friend is a Princess !

Well I have had my first encounter with royalty and apparently it happened in 1998 and I didnt even know it. I met a friend in college who I am still very close with and I confided to her my new family history discovery. Well...it turns out that she beat me to the whole royal title thing and her grandmother was part of the imperial family of a now defunct Monarchy. Based on this her father was eligible for the title of Prince but in order to get the title he would have had to become a resident of the country, live there for about 5 years and then he could claim his title. Now the title of Prince is not that of a ruling Prince it is that of a Princely family so it is easy to see how one generation may break the chain and decided not to claim it.

But I have high hopes in the future that her father may decide to claim it and then she might become an official. Not that it matters because she is awsome eitherway. So my royalty thunder has been stolen a little bit because Princess definitely tops Baroness and there is no one I would rather be a sister of blue blood then her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday
courtesy www.brittanica.com