Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Would you like to meet the ambassador"?

 

iberia-embajada-embassy-653792-l

 

 

 

 

 

Not actual invitation but looks the same

 

Hi-

So I have not used my title at a restaurant or at a hotel to try and get upgrades yet. But I have sent it over to be reviewed by the governing body of the Nobility which the title comes from. I am a law student and I want to shore up any lose ends so as to avoid an embarrassing episode with me being announced as the Baroness X and then seeing that the Baroness X was already at the event. That would be really embarrassing.

I did not expect to get a response from the governing body but they got back to me within 2 days!!!!

They sent me over thier social calendar for the year and it included dinner with the Ambassador of the Country. So now what do I do?

There is no way that I can go because it falls smack in the middle of my final exams for Lawschool and I do not think it would go over well if I requested to take them off to meet the Ambassador. I could see the blank face and possible motioning for security by my school's Registrar.

The good news is I get to write my first letter kindly declinng the invitation and using my title. Not even sure how to do that so I am going to Barnes and Nobles to buy a book on it, hopefully they have one.

Any advice on if I should ask my school to reschedule my exam or any royal letter writing advice would be great too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday
courtesy www.brittanica.com