Thursday, September 3, 2009

My husband is now a Baron

Hello-

I have spoken to my husband and after a few minutes of explaning the family tree and papers scanned and e-mailed by my mother's relatives. He obviously, was very skeptical but then after careful analyzation of the documents and sending them to his lawyer to review he has accepted it.

Now he is in the same boat as I am in not knowing how to use the title or even if to use it. He does think the social expirement is a good idea and we intend to use the name when we go to NYC on vacation. To practice we have tried to say the title out loud. We usually could not get through Baron or Baroness without laughing. This is never going to work if we can't say the title without laughing about how rediculous it is and also due to the country it is from it is really hard to say. We also do not speak the language of the country so I can only imagine what problems we may run into. So we have decided to start to learn the language just in case.

We have also gotten the suggestion from our lawyer to hire someone to coordinate our activites with the title. Again, I re-emphasize that this is not an option due to the title having no wealth and that we are not going to dig into our pockets. Also we have decided to not tell my husband's family.

Now we are the clueless Baroness and Baron. I am embarassed to convey my confusion to my mother's family because they are Counts and Countesses and I am worried that if I ask questions they may look at me like I have two heads because I do not know the answers and obviously did not get all the proper "training". What makes things more complicated is I am going to meet them next year and so I would like to have more wherewithall by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday

Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday
courtesy www.brittanica.com